This is the recipe that I picked up from my aunt “Baa” (pronounced bay), like most of the traditional southern staples that I know how to cook. You know, I’m really giving yall gold here lol. Again this was another request…from the same person. She tryina get her weight up and I can appreciate that #noshade 😉
- like 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed (you can pretty much use any type of white potato, but I prefer red ones)
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp sweet pickle, drained
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- about 3-5 tbsp mayonnaise (I like duke’s myself but…)
- about 1/2 c mustard
- paprika for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil your potatoes with salt until fork tender but not mushy. Cool and drain.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Note: you can adjust the mayo to mustard ratio to your tastes here, I just so happen to like more mustard than mayo.
Sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
You can serve at room temperature or chill.